45 YEARS ANNIVERSARY: SKIWELT WILDER KAISER - BRIXENTAL
The cable car operators in the Brixental and on the Wilder Kaiser began working together in 1977. It was only through this cooperation that their survival was ensured: their common vision was to merge and become Austria’s largest ski area. This they managed to achieve through considerable effort, commitment and continuous investment. For more than 30 years now SkiWelt has been Austria’s largest connected ski area: an investment of over half a billion euros has created SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser - Brixental, not only one of the largest, but also one of most modern and successful ski destinations in the world.
GROUNDBREAKING PROJECTS SINCE THE BEGINNING
- 1970: Europe's longest funicular (SkiWelt Ellmau)
- 1988: Europe's first 8-seater chair lift (SkiWelt Söll)
- 2008: The world's first solar powered lift (SkiWelt Brixen im Thale)
- 2017: Real-time GPS slope measurement system (SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser - Brixental)
- 2022: 50% energy savings (SkiWelt Ellmau & SkiWelt Scheffau)
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR THE 45 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SEASON
- Early bird bonus until end-February: Buy a ski pass for 3 days (or longer) for the period 18.03.–10.04.2023 in the the SkiWelt online shop until end-February and automatically get a 10% discount.
- 3 days of skiing for 45 euros a day: SkiWelt is offering 1977 tickets for sale in our SkiWelt online shop while stocks last. Promotion days: 15.12.2022, 19.01.2023, 23.03.2023